Autumn season goes with sweet mood and the lovely cinnamon smell, wafts invitigly from the kitchen. When i bake, i like to hear the sound of milk, eggs and flour pouring into the bowl. It’s really relaxing while listening to music. Looking out the window, the stunning sun with a little bit of gloom, seems the perfect autumnal day. So i took the chance to bake cinnamon rolls. This recipe comes from my mother and it’s kind of the original rolls. When you feel unhappy or you are just in your “bad” days make these babies because they will make your day and of course they will be delicious! They will feel fluffly in your mouth with a soft buttery taste!
Hope you’ll like it and good luck!
For the dough:
- 25 g fresh yeast or 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 30 g sugar into the flour
- 5g sugar into the yeast
- 440 g flour some extra for dusting
- 160 ml lukewarm milk into the flour
- 80 ml lukewarm milk into the yeast
- 2 eggs
- 56 g melted butter
- 5 g salt
For the filling:
- 70g butter, at room temperature
- 13g ground cinnamon
- 100g packed dark brown sugar
- 120g powdered sugar
- 5g vanilla extract
- 25 ml milk
- In a small bowl, combine the 25 g of fresh yeast and the 80 ml of lukewarm milk. Then stir to dissolve.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, 30g sugar and salt. Combine them together. Then add the 56g melted butter, the dissolved yeast, the eggs and the 160ml lukewarm milk. Turn the speed up to medium and mix them all together for about 5 minutes. If it feels too soft and sticky then add some flour. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine butter with cinnamon and dark brown sugar.
- On a floured surface roll the dough in a 30x45cm rectangle. Then spread the butter cinnamon mixture over the top of the rectungle. Staring from one of the long ends, tightly roll the dough into a jelly roll form and cut 12 equal size rolls. Place them cut side down in a parchment paper lined tray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let put them back into a warm spot to rise for another 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Bake them for about 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Prepare the glaze. Mix powdered sugar with vanilla and milk. Immediately pour the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and yummy!